Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 70 - Blizzcon 2009

The husband suckered me into going to Blizzcon 2009. Lucky for me - I had work yesterday so I was able to get out of it. :P Unlucky for me - I had to go with him today. It wasn't so bad but the event just wasn't my thing. Luckily I was able to take pictures and brought a book to read. :)

The day started out with finding a parking space. I am just amazed at how many people attend this event. Blizzcon is a two day event where the company introduces new games. It is a great opportunity for the game enthusiast to try new games, attend panels, etc. It has been awhile since I have been back to the Anaheim Convention Center and I must say - they've done a wonderful job of renovating the place. The architecture is modern and sleek with the many glass panels letting the attendee know that he or she is in the 21st century.
Some people were all decked out in costume. Look at this chick in front of me!Welcome to Blizzcon! May the gamer be with you! :-P
There were rows and rows and rows of monitors for the user to try new games. Look at how every single monitor was taken!! Such game fanatics!!
While the husband was listening to a panel, I ventured off to different areas. This looked fun. I would recommend maybe going on an empty stomach.
And what better way to make your mark then on the wall of Blizzcon!
Graffiti at its finest! These girls are real people!! No they are not cut-outs!
Amazingly. Hello Kitty manages to steal a small place at Blizzcon.
Last but not least - the highlight of the convention. Ozzy Osbourne!!
Conclusion - If you are WOW fan - this convention is perfect for you. For the non-gamer like myself - it was a bit of a bore but overall - interesting AT TIMES. Would I go again? Probably not. Unless the husband goes in costume! :P

No comments: