Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 56 - A New Bakery in Town

9628 Garden Grove Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92844

My mind already wandered off to the bakery even before I sat down for dinner tonight. The husband thought I was nuts as I mentioned to our friends about the bakery and how I wanted to check it out after dinner.

It didn't matter that we'd just finished dinner and how we would be completely full. It was simple in my mind. The place was new and conveniently close by. We NEEDED to check it out and I felt like I owed it to the place since I spotted it.

The concept is very similar to 85C in Irvine. Is it a copycat of 85C? I would have to say no. In reviewing their websites - TLJ has been around since 1997 whereas 85C opened its first store in 2004. One wonders if it's the other way around where 85C is a copycat of TLJ. Is the battle of the bakery/cafe about to start? Is this the new explosion similar to "PinkBerry" and "Yogurtland? Only time will tell....

I love how their logos are printed even on their tables. Talk about branding! Oh and I know I should post something about the baked goods but please forgive me because I was really full. I ordered a drink but I did buy some baked goods. I'll have to see if I can post that another day...or not.

No comments: