Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 66 - Whole Milk

Before I met the husband, I did not know anyone who drank whole milk. Milk is not my friend. Milk is an acquaintance that sometimes I feel like I can do without but yet I still have to maintain the ties because there are beneficial reasons down the road that are not immediately seen.

The minimal milk I did drink while growing up was good old lowfat 2% milk. When we wanted to eat cereal, that was the milk my parents would buy for us. Hmm...so I guess I can blame my parents for my lack of height. Anyhow...boy was I surprised one day when I saw whole milk at the in-laws eons ago.

I asked the husband, boyfriend at the time, "You guys drink this milk??!"

He was like, "Yeah, why?"

Me, "Because it's whole milk! It's a lot of fat content!"

Then I proceeded to try it. Hm....nope, didn't like it. Not my thing. Too rich for my tastebuds that grew up on 2% lowfat milk.

That brings me to this weekend. When I do buy milk, it's 2% lowfat milk but most of the baking recipes request for whole milk. And then there is Costco. Get two one gallons for $ 4! That is practically the price for one one gallon at the normal grocery store. I look at the husband and asked him if we should get and I mentioned the price. Costco - you got us. We are suckers. Yes we are. Now we have one and a half gallons of milk to down by August 29, 2009.
Milk with chocolate brownie. Not bad. Wished it was 2% lowfat milk.

2 comments:

Metea said...

I am a whole milk drinker!! :)

k.a.r.e.n said...

Megan loves whole milk & I love Costco for being the cheapest around here, too!