Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 25 - Kit-Kat

I'd like to introduce Kit-Kat. Who is she? Well, she's mommy doggie. Her three girls can be found here. She also has a son who's rather annoying to me. I've tried to get rid of him numerous times but no takers. J/K to the getting rid of him but not the annoying part. Anyhoo...she's eight years old. That's like...56 years old in dog years!

Kit-Kat arrived at our house when she was about 6 months old. Our gardener at the time had a litter of puppies and apparently wanted to unload her. I vaguely remembered her arrival. The gardener did not take very good care of the poor thing. She stunk! I am not even joking! I had to bathe her TWO TIMES in one sitting! The smell was horrid! That was the one thing I remembered about this gal.

What can I tell you about Kit-Kat? Well, she's got four kids and she shares her sleeping quarter with Snickers (daddy doggie who I have not formally introduced). She's kind of her own dog...an independent dog...does her own thing. While the kids play with Snickers - they don't mess with Kit-Kat. They leave her alone. I must say, it's quite amusing. It's almost as if they fear her....like how you would fear your own mom rather than your dad sometimes. :D She's a bit of an old soul. Sometimes while I am in the backyard, watching the kids play with each other, I can see out of the corner of my eyes that she's there..watching. I wondered to myself what is she watching. Oh...she sucks at walks. Out of all my dogs...I think she would rather sit at home than go jogging with us. :( OH...and I LOVE her button nose!

2 comments:

Metea said...

Is she yawning?

Just Anything said...

Yup she was yawning. :)