Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 3 - What's So Interesting?

Once a year - I torture my furkids by taking them in for their dental work. This year was no exception. It's torture for them but a total ordeal for me. What I mean by an ordeal is because they stink up my car, they do not sit still once the car is put into park and they bark at anything and everything that crosses their path. Oh and they cost me a pretty penny. Today was the worst. These dogs better appreciate all that I have done for them. ;P

I brought the first batch in yesterday. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to snap a picture of yesterday's furkids because Snickers (the dad) was all over the car. It took all my energy to subdue him. Actually - I think he subdue me. However, today I got my chance. (Oh yes, I transport my dogs in a laundry basket.) It's easy and they sit still while I am driving.

After signing in with the receptionist - I kept my dogs company and snapped this picture below. Today is day 3 of Project 365 and I like my dogs. Well, I adore my dogs. Except when they pee, poop and bark. Now let me introduce you to these three.

# 1 (Far left - in the front with her tongue hanging over.) Turning six years old in September, she is our alpha female. Almost everything is alpha about her. What I mean by alpha is she is the dominant dog. She is numero uno. She is the gangleader, the bully and the aggressor. She was the biggest out of the litter and she STILL is the biggest out of the leader. The husband thinks she is my favorite and I reluctantly will admit that there is alittle of favoritism towards her. I try to treat my dogs equally but by gosh...I am only human. She is the smartest with her wit to pick up tricks like shaking hands and sitting. Of course - it could be because food is her enticement and we use that to get her to do what we want. We have nicknames for #1 - "Oink, Oink," "Miss Piggy," and "The Bully."

# 2 (Middle - far back.) She is also turning six this year and is a middle child. I have one word for her. LAZY. I let the dogs out each morning and she always remains behind. I literally have to kick her out of the crate. And in the evening when I want the dogs to return back to the crate – I simply open the back door and call out their names – she remains behind! My parents complain that she requires them to carry her inside. I don’t believe in that. I walk outside carrying a broom and that is enough for her to run inside. :D She also has some freaking skin allergy that I’ve been trying to figure out for about two years now. :( The thing I like about #2 is that she just minds her own business and likes to do her own thing. Her nickname is "Lazy."

#3 – (Far right.) She is also turning six years old and is another middle child. I think she has the middle child syndrome. I truly believe that she instigates some of the fights that have happened between her and # 1. She’ll look at you with those innocent doggie eyes while trying to figure out how to make a run for it. She managed to break one of her paw fingers two years ago trying to escape our garage. You can actually see her screwed up finger in the picture below. It is the left paw when you are looking directly at her. You will notice the third finger from the left in is slightly tilted right. Yup…that is the screwed up finger. Her nickname is, "The Instigator."

My silly dogs....I groan when I hear them bark at the bus, the possum, the neighbor, the bird or whatever else that catches their attention yet they bring a smile to my face when I see them sleep with their bellies in the air or when they chase after each other in a game of cat and mouse.

2 comments:

k.a.r.e.n said...

So cute!!! But THREE of them?!?!?!?

Just Anything said...

LOL! Actually - there are SIX of them!!!