Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 4 - The Love for Books

I read. I don't get to do it as much as I want to but I do try to read at least a book a month. As you can see from my collection, I read all sorts of books.

I love books and I've read since I could recite my ABC's back in kindergarten or first grade. I remembered picking up books with such titles as Amelia Earhart, Eleanor Roosevelt and Helen Keller in the third grade. As I progressed through elementary school, I read The Babysitters' Club and Sweet Valley Twins. How could anyone forget Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield??

Now that I am older, I continue to read various books that catch my interest. I think it is a bit sad that not everyone enjoys reading but I don't expect people's hobbies to be the same. I do think that we are so occupied with modern amentities like DirectTV and the internet that sometimes picking up a book is considered a complete bore. I think the best books are the ones that can get you to cry, laugh, giggle or become angry at a character or situation. How about picking up a book the next time you consider turning on the TV? Or maybe not...

2 comments:

PoopMonster Mommy said...

i like how you stacked up your book.

mashi said...

This is a very nice photo!