Friday, June 5, 2009

The Art of Planning

I've been racking my brain for the last week or so trying to figure out what to do for Father's day and it finally dawned on me. Poof! Just like that! Well, not really. I was browsing through my William Sonoma Entertaining book, which I might add, I have not opened up until now. I received this book from a former co-worker probably about two years ago. Needless to say, I do not do much entertaining.

Anyhoo - my parents have hinted to me, well, more like complain, that they have never eaten at our place since we've moved in and it's been over three years. So it occurred to me as I was flipping the pages of Entertaining, I shall host a Father's Day brunch. A lovely idea I might add.

The thing is, I have a love hate relationship with "entertaining." I love all that goes into entertaining and when I do entertain, it is a wonderful experience to see that my guests are well-fed and happy. However, getting from point A (the desire to entertain) to point B (the actual planning) is where the difficulty lies. I spend so much time planning (point B) by making sure the house is squeaky clean, ie bathrooms clean, trash dumped, there is toilet paper, towels washed, there is enough food and decor, that, frankly, I don't want to do it (point A). However, when I do get over the hurdle of point A, point B is a great fun and point C is wonderful as that is where I can see everything unfold on the actual day.

So, for the next two weeks, I will work on my plans creating and possibly trying the menu on the husband. ;-)

The Menu:

- Mimosas or just orange juice
- Carrot muffins with cream cheese frosting or banana nut bread
- Eggs benedict
- Roasted asparagus
- Berry trifle

The menu seems simple enough, I hope.

2 comments:

k.a.r.e.n said...

I cant wait to see photos of the FOOOODDDD!!!! ;-)

Plan accordingly, you'll do fine!

Just Anything said...

Thanks K! Father's day celebration has been moved to THIS Sunday!! :O