Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yogurt Pad

Today, the husband and I tried Yogurt Pad. (Yes, it is another one of those yogurt joints like PinkBerry, KiwiBerry, YogurtLand, Berry Berry, Cherry on Top or whatever other names that are out there.)

You see, I've only had PinkBerry. Although I have heard of all these other joints, I have never actually tried anything else besides PinkBerry. Why not? Partly because I like one topping, MOCHI, and I know PinkBerry carries that topping and it's usually fresh. There's nothing worse than stale mochi topping! Oops, I lie, I have also tried CeFiore but they don't have mochi. =(

Today, I wanted to be adventurous and asked the husband if he wanted to try the new joint. He replied sure and off we went. Yogurt Pad is slightly tugged away in the corner of a stripped mall. Like all other yogurt joints I have seen, the interior walls are painted of bright colors like orange and lime. You start in one corner, pick up the size of the cup you want, and head down the journey of the yogurt aisle. To my surprise, they have a lot of flavors. (Yes, I know that other yogurt places also have multi-flavor but remember, I've only been to PinkBerry.) I saw strawberry, banana, peanut butter, coconut, raseberry, original tart and vanilla. (OK, these are the only flavors I remembered. I believe there were a couple of other flavors as well.) The un-adventurous me, tried original tart and a little bit of coconut. For toppings, I had MOCHI (YES, they have MOCHI. How happy was I? Very!), chocolate chip and strawberry.

Overall....I didn't really care too much for the coconut but I did like the original tart. The mochi tasted fresh enough to me as well as the strawberry and chocolate. Total price for a 9 oz yogurt, $ 3.10. I thought that was a pretty good price. The husband and I shared our yogurt dessert. (We're watching our weight. =P) Would I go back? Yes, why not....it's conveniently close to where we live and I can live with spending $ 3.10 versus about $ 5 for a small cup of PinkBerry.

Unfortunately....I was too eager to eat the yogurt in the car so I did not take any pictures. And no....I am just not want of those people who carries her camera everywhere she goes. Also...after yesterday's painful picture uploading of Sprinkles, I nearly wanted to give-up blogging with pictures but I must try again.

Good night! =)

No comments: