Monday, January 21, 2008

Sprinkles

This past Saturday, I went to Beverly Hills to meet with my bride. Oh...I forgot to mention that I am getting into the wedding business. It is a slow process developing a name but I think it will be worth it. I am looking long term. Oh yes, I forgot to mention exactly what I am doing in the wedding business. I am turning into a part-time wedding coordinator but I am still a full-time bum. =P

Anyway, this post isn't about my wedding business. It is about Sprinkles! So...as I stated...I went to Beverly Hills, which is about 40 miles from where I live. Since I was in the area, I stopped by Sprinkles. I wanted to get some of these famous cupcakes for "The Husband" to try as he's never tried them, whereas this will be my second time trying Sprinkles.

Parking was a pain in the butt! I must have circled the stupid area about three times until I found a spot that was about 2 blocks from Sprinkles. I got out of my car and approached the parking meter to put in my change and realized that it was a 20 minutes only parking stall. Of course....here I thought that was sufficient to walk to Sprinkles, buy the cupcakes and head over. Unfortunately, when I got to the Sprinkles store, there was a freakin' line!! I can't believe there was a line for $ 3.50 cupcake (each). What the hell, I drove this far and found a parking so I might as well stand in line. After about 10 minutes, it was my turn. I ordered 2 red velvet, 2 strawberry, 1 vanilla and 1 white chocolate vanilla. My total came to about $ 20. ($ 20 for 6 cupcakes! Talk about a rip-off!)

My opened Sprinkles box...

I eagerly took the first cupcake out of the box and cut it in half. (Yes, cut it in half, I was sharing with "The Husband" and besides, I didn't want to consume a whole entire cupcake to myself at the moment. I was counting calories!)

Red Velvet!! One word! YUMMY! By far, this is my favorite cupcake from that place. The chocolate cake is sweet but not too sweet. The frosting is slightly tart but still sweet. YUMMY! Next time I get Sprinkles, I will definitely get this one!!
The second cupcake we tried was the strawberry one. This was also good. The concept is similar to the red velvet except instead of chocolate, it is vanilla with a tint of strawberry flavoring. Same thing for the frosting.

My least favorite cupcakes. (See Below.) The frosting on both cupcakes were super sweet. I will not order these cupcakes the next time I am at Sprinkles. It's not worth it for $ 3.50 a piece. (I know I've done a poor job reviewing these two cupcakes but I've spent the past 45 minutes trying to figure out this damn blog and how to upload pictures. I'M TIRED!!)


No comments: