Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 97 - Zzzzz on Zimzala

The clock strucked 6:15 p.m. It was time to leave the office. I grabbed my purse, searched for my keys and left the office. The weekend officially started. I rushed home, changed to a nice blue summer dress I bought from BCBG and off the husband and I went to start our dinner date.

The evening was beautiful. It was clear and the temperature was a perfect 70 degree or so. Our destination was Huntington Beach.
I made reservations for 7:30 p.m. at Zimzala, a restaurant on OC Restaurant Week's list.
Our dinner started with the server setting down a candle votive. How romantic! ;)
The server brought over a light appetizer that we did not order. That was nice of him. It was chicken salad with yogurt on a crouton. Yummy and refreshing!
And then the salad arrived. Buttercup lettuce (probably my all time favorite lettuce), carmelized pecans, sliced peaches with sherry vinaigrette. The salad was so-so for me. I could have used more dressing. The husband ordered a stone oven flatbread that was equivalent to a pizza. That was so-so too.
For the entree the husband ordered pan-roasted wild salmon. This plate was decent.
My entree was called Morroccan chicken tagine. I have never liked couscous and yet I still wanted to give it a try. OK...confirmed. I still don't like couscous.
At $ 40 a person - I was disappointed with this restaurant. The waiter was friendly and attentive but the bleh food was disappointing. My apologies for the lack of description. I was debating whether to even blog about Zimzala or not...
We left the restaurant and stopped by the grocery store at 10 p.m. at night where I decided to take a few shots of my local grocery store. Fall is just around the corner! Oh beautiful colors of orange, gold, mahogany or maroon - how I love thee!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. My favorites are Gala and Granny Smith. Do you know your apple?
I don't get the hype with organic food but I guess whatever floats people's boats.
When I first saw this bag - I thought I had scored! Fifty cent bananas! Doh! It was 50 cents off. Blah! Yes, I bought the bag. I needed the bananas.
Yeah to Haagen-Dazs for making green tea ice cream! Score! There was only one left! Mine! Mine! All Mine!

No comments: