Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 85 - Pismo Beach Camping 2009 - Day 2

Day 2 started with breakfast. Breakfast took forever just because of the number of people in our group and the menu selection. We had so much variety. Note to self - maybe decrease the choice selection down the road?

Because breakfast took longer than we anticipated, we left for the ATV tour later than we wanted to but it was o.k. We were camping and had all the time in the world. I mean, we could be at the campgrounds...eating....

There was a minor problem with getting parental approval for a 17 year old in our party but that was fixed. And then we were on our way to the Sand Dunes. I must back up a bit, there were ten of us who went ATV-ing while the other eight went hiking. So the ten of us paid, sat through 8 minutes of safety training. OH YES! There is safety training for the operation of an ATV. What we learn from that training? Don't break anything or we will pay. There was a charge for everything and anything.

After completion of the training, we loaded up to a truck driven by a 20 or 30 something man with a Southern accent entertaining us with his wild stories. Somewhere along the way - I was a bit fearful of life. All I remembered was him telling us that his wife bought a horse for $ 5K. (Um...I wanted to ask him how he was able to afford a horse but I was concerned that he would take it the wrong way so I kept my mouth shut.)

Then he dropped us off here.
And here is me! ATV-ing on the sand dunes is a bitch!!! We paid for two hours and I was ready to go back after 30 minutes. I've been ATV-ing when we were in Bora Bora but geez...I was not ready for the sand. I. KEPT. ON. GETTING. STUCK! And then I had to deal with the stinkeye from the husband. REAL. FUN. It was not until more than an hour into the tour that I got the hang of riding the ATV.
And then we headed back and of course...started eating.

No comments: