Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 96 - Shabu for Dinner and Dessert Is A Must!

Tonight I celebrated a belated birthday with some girlfriends. We celebrated by dining at the new California Shabu Shabu in Costa Mesa, CA. There are only a few places I like shabu shabu and this is one of them. It's all in the sauce. For those who've had shabu shabu, I know you're thinking, how can you go wrong with shabu?! Believe me, you can. I disliked shabu the first time I tried it and did not go back for several years. It wasn't until ECA and PJ introduced the husband and I to California Shabu Shabu that I realized there was good and bad shabu. I've been converted. Thank you ECA and PJ!

I did not take pictures of dinner. :( Now that I think about it, I should have. There were a few eye candy around and I don't mean chocolate. ;P OK - two eye candy. One was about 30 something and another was about 20 something (too young but nevertheless still eye candy).

After dinner...we went to cefiore for some yummy yogurt and of course, for "girl time." It was wonderful to catch up on everyone's life. :)