Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gardenia & Planting

Ha! They say I have a brown thumb and laugh at my feeble attempts at gardening. Well, I stick my tongue out at those who laugh at me. :P

My plants on our front porch are alive! So eat that! :P I walked out to the porch this evening to water my plants and there was the scent of gardenia! My face immediately lit up when I saw my gardenia shrub had produced buds and one flower! I am just super giddy to see all the plants surviving.
Aside from the gardenia plant I have on our porch, my oncidium orchid is alive! It's been more than a year and the plant has finally produced flowers again! My plumeria plant is also alive and is producing plumeria buds!
Please excuse the tacky wooden stick that is holding up my plumeria tree. I haven't had a chance to figure out where to plant this tree.
And here is a picture of my Schlumbergera Harmony also known as the Christmas catus or is it the Thanksgiving catus? Either way, it's one of those plants. I guess we should just call it the holiday catus. I purchased this plant last Christmas and it did not arrive until after the holidays!
Anyhow, I originally had this plant in the house but because the cave (oops that's what I called the husband's room), so I guess I mean our living room did not have enough light, I moved it out to the porch. Looks like that was a good choice because my plant is starting to grow new leaves.
So to conclude this post - I am a happy gardener and I laugh at all those who did not have faith in my "green thumb" capabilities. P

No comments: