Thursday, January 15, 2009

Twilight Series

I read the books as well as saw the movie.

In my opinion - these types of books can never become good movies. Although I enjoyed the books, the language in the books are laughable. I was not expecting a great movie and I was actually thinking that I would probably laugh out loud if I heard some of the sentences being repeated in the movie. With that said - I think the movie was as good as it got. I don't think it was completely terrible and I don't think it was great. It was a so-so movie. I thought the actors did a decent job of portraying the characters. And yes - I did laugh at parts where it was not supposed to be funny because let's face it - most romance novels cannot be repeated without giggling. It is corny and cheesy.

As for Robert Pattison - I thought he did a decent job. I think the problem is that everyone has visualized this gorgeous Edward where possibly no actor can fulfill. My only comment is that he always looked like he was in pain. As for Kristen Stewart - I thought that she had the look to portray Bella. Some of her facial expressions throughout the movie was slightly annoying but passable.

Don't expect too much and you're enjoy the movie. Most romance movies are cheesy, predictable and corny. I consider the Twilight series romance with a slight Vampire twist. Everything is very predictable and of course, I am a sucker for things that are predictable. :P

No comments: