Sunday, January 25, 2009

2009 Home Renovation Ideas

The home renovation ideas or goals for 2009 include:

  1. Putting in French doors between our dining room and living room. I would like someday to keep the entertainment in our living and dining rooms. I also want to create a side patio where we can step out through the French doors. Again I envision having BBQ's where our guests can hang out in the living room chatting or dine in our dining room or step out through the French doors to our backyard "oasis."

  2. Replace the doors to our main entrance. I am thinking maybe Mahogany wood.

  3. See picture below. I want to paint the two bookcases white and install doors for the bottom of the bookcases. Currently, the bottom of the bookcases can be open by pulling the top part up. I do not place anything in the bottom of the bookcases because it is such a pain. I would have to remove all the items on that bottom shelf in order to get to the compartment. I think that we will have to strip the laquer that is currently on the bookshelves and then paint. I also want to move the TV above the chimney. The husband and I have wanted to move the TV forever but have never progressed. It has always been just talk. Moving the TV will definitely free up that space!

No comments: