Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Insomnia & Random Thinking

Crap! I have insomnia tonight! It's a little over 3 a.m. and I am awake. Boo!

Random thinking
Well, at least I've gone to the gym twice this week. I've been in hibernation for three weeks from gym practice and I have not been training for the half marathon. Oh boy, I am in trouble! Hopefully I can bounce back.

Economy sucks! I've been trying to avoid listening to the news (yet I am sitting here right now typing and watching CNN - go figures) because it's just bad news. Everything sounds depressing. The latest news - FDIC seized IndyMac over the weekend because the company is in big financial trouble due to the subprime meltdown. So sad. Reminds me of when Bear Stearns was about to go belly up and JP Morgan Chase had to step in (at the request of the government) to bail them out...eh..buy Bear Stearns. That was only a few months ago. Bear Stearns began business in the 1920's and was (see how I have to use the word "was" instead of "is") one of the largest investment company around until the subprime meltdown. Yikes - I hope they don't use the word that starts with the letter "D" and rhymes with recession.

It seems like a lot of the "old" companies are in trouble. Ford, General Motors, etc. Is this where the saying, "In with the new and out with the old," applies? I feel old now.

I am hungry but it's too late or too early (however you want to see it) to eat.

On a brighter note - I am going to attempt to carpool with the husband starting next week. He is supposed to drop me off in the morning and my co-worker will take me home in the evening. Yahoo! I don't have to drive! But it's more than just that - I don't really work THAT far but one less vehicle on the road equals less pollution.

I am not an enviromentalist. I cannot change other people's perspectives but I can try to change some of my habits to help the environment. And in the process of changing my own habits, if I inspire others to change as well, the world will be a better place. It starts with one person. Too bad not everyone thinks like me. Then again, at times, I am a person full of contradictions. Blah. BUT I try really hard not to be a hypocrite.

No comments: