Saturday, April 18, 2009

Missed Bargain!

I am so upset with myself! We stopped by a furniture liquidator store today in Alhambra and I saw a mailbox. I have been looking at mailboxes for several years now but I have not wanted to spend the money for a mailbox. Anywhere from $ 100 to $ 500.

Anyway, the mailbox was priced at $ 88 and I was going back and forth on whether to buy it as I wasn't sure about the design. Well, we decided to buy the mailbox, paid for it and attempted to pick up the mailbox at the pick-up station. And...I saw the associate carrying out MY mailbox into someone else's car. Apparently the guy also bought the same mailbox. Then it was my turn and they told me the mailbox was sold out unless I wanted the one on display! I did not want the display! :( We went to get our money back. Now I am so sad and wished that I'd taken action quicker. My mailbox went home with this old man.....

To top it off - I went online to, once again, search for a mailbox. I haven't found anything that is quite close to that mailbox for the price of $ 100! I did, however, found the same mailbox at LampsPlus for $ 300!! Now I really want to cry! This is when I dislike myself for being so particular...had I not question the design...I could have been the one with that last box...

No comments: