Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Life Cafe

Good Life Cafe
Old Mammoth Road
760-934-1734

We left Mammoth Monday afternoon and decided to stop by Good Life Cafe for breakfast. This restaurant is tucked in the corner of Mammoth Mall. To be honest, I do not consider Mammoth Mall a mall (well, the mall that I am used to seeing). It is more like a two story strip mall with some stores here and there. We actually drove by this area on Saturday and I remember vaguely seeing Good Life Cafe but the area looked so deserted that we left. Anyway, believe it or not, this restaurant is quite busy! The minute you walk in the restaurant, the place is bustling as waiters are going back and forth, taking orders, bringing food and cleaning tables.

My order: Eggs benedict (half) with turkey and hash browns. This was pretty tasty. The egg was over a slice of turkey meat, on top of a what I think is an English muffin. I just wished the English muffin was thicker. The hash browns were crispy and perfect with ketchup. I also order whole grain wheat toast. If you like whole wheat grain, then the toast is perfect for you.
The husband's order: Southwest Scramble with a bowl of fruits. The order came with flour tortillas and salsa (two types, green (tomatillo) and red (tomato) salsa. The portions are generous and the fruits were fresh and yummy. I believe the husband enjoyed it as he finished off his plate.
Each plate is about $ 7 to $ 10.

No comments: