Thursday, October 2, 2008

Year old cake. Yeah or Nay?

I never got a chance to blog about our wedding cake so here goes...

At exactly one year and three months after our wedding, I realized I had a piece of our wedding cake frozen in the freezer. Needless to say, I was not expecting the cake to taste its best so why did I bother to save a piece of the cake? Well...I guess it's partly tradition. I remembered thinking to myself that I did not want to save the top layer of our wedding cake because...frankly, a year old cake has seen better days but a part of me wanted to see exactly how bad the cake would taste. Weird I know.

So on that day, I told the husband, "Oh, oh, we still have a piece of our wedding cake in the freezer!" I gleefully took the cake out of the freezer and left it in the frig to thaw. After a few hours, I took the cake out and took a picture of the cake and then..........I digged my fork into that more than a year old cake.

Um, yuck! Not very tasty at all. The cake was slightly wet from thawing. The filling was mushy. The cream was refrigerator hard. I had the husband try a piece and he didn't have much to comment. After those two bites, I toss the cake in the trash. So much for tradition....
Who came up with this lame-ass tradition anyway??? It's terrible!

No comments: